BCA is a professional development association for Baptist communicators like you.
We've been around since 1953 and bring benefits to a nationwide membership of approximately 300.
Most of our members come from Southern Baptist agencies (IMB, NAMB, WMU, etc.), state conventions,
Baptist newspapers, and Baptist universities. We fall into seven interest categories: editorial,
public relations, electronic media, photography, management, marketing, and graphic design.
Our main mission is to assist Baptist personnel in communications in professional growth and fulfillment.
To share useful ideas and enable members to do effective communications planning and achieve superior results.
We also provide a reinforcing fellowship for members and give recognition for outstanding professional achievement.
We offer a newsletter, placement registry, workshop and awards competition which is held in conjunction with the workshop every year.
Learn how to join.
- Any individual who is an employee of a Baptist organization whose primary professional responsibilities include public relations and/or communications;
- Any individual Christian whose professional services are employed on a freelance basis to assist Baptist organizations in public relations and/or communications;
- Any individual Baptist employed in a public relations and/or communications capacity by an organization which relates directly with Baptist organizations.
- Any BCA member who desires the continued stimulation and fellowship of the organization following retirement.
Baptist Communicators Association encourages students interested in communications careers with Baptists to join the association.
A student member is a full-time seminary or college student who is not currently employed full time by a Baptist organization.
- Each member of the Baptist Communicators Association shall first be a
committed Christian, seeking to fulfill God’s call through the ministry of
- Each member shall place ministry and service above personal gain or
recognition, striving to glorify Christ and extend the ministry of His Kingdom.
- Each member shall adhere to the highest standards of truth, accuracy and
fairness in every area of communications regardless of personal or
- Each member shall maintain personal and professional integrity as well as
respect for free inquiry and the opinions of others.
- Each member shall seek to produce the highest quality work possible while
maintaining appropriate stewardship of available time, resources, skills and
- Each member shall seek to strengthen his or her professional competence
through ongoing professional development.
- Each member shall respect and affirm the rights and opportunities of others
without regard to race, color, gender or age.
- Each member shall seek to affirm and advance the professional
responsibilities and opportunities of fellow members through a spirit of
partnership and cooperation.
Adopted during the 1995 annual business meeting in Williamsburg, VA